Planning your wedding is one of the most exciting times of your life, but with so much to organise and decide on, it's also one of the busiest. And that's where Tying the Knot can make life a whole lot easier. Setting up a gift registry means that your guests have a guide as to your tastes and preferences, meaning that they can purchase gifts that you really want and avoid gift duplication. Overseas guests can also access your registry.
Tying the Knot is a New Zealand owned company offering a dedicated on-line wedding gift registry service. We specialise in sourcing a huge range of exciting gift ideas and quality brands for couples who already have all the basics. We are always on the search within New Zealand and overseas for gifts that are a bit different. We also don't want the groom's out there to miss out, so offer some fabulous gifts that are more tailored towards men. Plus, we're always open, 24 hours, seven days to give you the flexibility and time to create a unique register that's perfect for both of you. Plus, our service is completely free.
As some of our gifts come directly from overseas suppliers or is New Zealand made, it might cause delay in delivery:
- Items are purchased a day or two before the wedding - we recommend your delivery date to be after the wedding to avoid gifts that is on order.
- We are a small registry that doesn't keep a lot of standard stock - our stock rotate very frequently to keep in pace with market trends and new products. Please bear this in mind and update your registry accordingly when products are out of stock.
- Some of our items are New Zealand handmade. There might be a delay in getting these products on occasion from our supplier due to this.
The 'Tying the Knot' website offers you several great functions including:
- Being able to see which gifts are the 'most popular' choices on the registry.
- Being able to add a personal note to a selected gift that your guests will be able to read including a picture of you as a couple.
- Complimentary 'Tying the Knot' gift cards to accompany your invites so guests will know where and how to shop for gifts.
- Being able to receive regular email updates to let you know which gifts have been selected by your guests.
- Being able to add to your registry or change personal details using our 'Manage a Registry' function. This is accessed using a password that you personally select when creating your registry.
- Giving your guests the option to part purchase more expensive items.
- Giving your guests the option to purchase 'Tying the Knot' vouchers so that you can select a gift at a later date.
- Securing a registry for your guests so they can use a password for added security.
Your guests access your registry using either of your surnames, and once they have purchased a gift, we will personally wrap it and attach a card. All gifts purchased will be delivered to an address of your choice just before or after your wedding date. Please view our FAQ section for more tips and advice about our wedding gift registry or contact us if you have further questions. Have a look at some testimonials from couples who have used our service.
PLUS: there is no cost to set up a registry with us - so what are you waiting for?
Don't Tie Yourself in Knots
So as the big day draws closer, don't tie yourself in knots. Just sit back, relax and let us take care of the gifts, you really want. It's all about freedom, choice, quality and service.
Ready to set up your wedding gift registry with Tying the Knot? It's so easy.